When employees are positive about their work environment and believe that they are appreciated and can succeed, everyone wins. Studies show that employee morale is directly related to productivity. Whether your business is selling frozen yogurt, or financial planning, there are things you can do to ensure that the entire team feels that they are an important part of your success and in turn, improve your firm’s productivity.
1. Reward – Establish an environment where excellent service is recognized and rewarded and poor service is recognized and challenged.
2. Recognize – Hold brief, weekly staff meetings where good service is recognized and only positive things are on the agenda.
3. Improve – Do little things to improve the workplace. Order pizza for lunch for no particular reason. Brew gourmet coffee in the break room on Fridays. Hold a March Madness ping pong tournament with prizes for the winners. Keep the candy jar full.
4. Communicate – Encourage communication between employees and management. If employees feel like they can approach management and be open about their concerns, and if management listens to those concerns and acts on them, employees are much less likely to feel disgruntled. (And much less likely to share concerns with co-workers, further spreading the negativity around.)
5. Give Back – Give employees a chance to help others. Giving back to the community feels good and doing so with coworkers is a fantastic way to bond and boost morale.
FORMost Graphic Communications