So you’re actively using social media, you frequently send out email blasts with pURLs, and you’ve invested in video to promote your company. In this digital age, these components can be crucial to success. If you are truly utilizing multi-channel marketing, though, you must not forget about a trusty old friend: direct mail. It gets results, but only if you know how to use it. Here are seven tips for success:
- Offer a benefit only earned by responding to the mail piece and make it easy for the recipient to reply.
- Write your copy in a one-to-one conversational style.
- Test, test, test! Commit to consistently testing different design, copy, packaging, and offers.
- Most people won’t read your entire letter. Use the first paragraph to summarize the whole letter in a few sentences.
- Consider using a live stamp instead of an indicia. It adds a personal touch.
- Rather than focusing on your product’s features, tell the recipient about the benefits she will receive. She is much more interested in benefits than features.
- Have a follow up plan. You’ve sent out a direct mail piece. Good job! But, what will you do next?
Call FORMost at 301-424-4242 for help developing your next direct mail campaign!