A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.
Did you know that today is National Philanthropy Day? It is a special day set aside to recognize and pay tribute to the billions of dollars and volunteer hours given every year to nonprofits and charities around the world.
Giving back is an important part of the culture here at FORMost and we’ve made a commitment to do so through our FORMost Gives Back initiative. Each year, as a company, we donate time and money to various organizations that hold special places in our hearts. Most recently, we have supported:
This month, we are preparing cookies to send to our adopted platoon and we’re donating gifts to a Montgomery County family in need. We welcome the support of our clients and friends and would be thrilled to have you join us in these efforts. Please contact Mary Szita at 301-424-4242 for information on how to help.
5 Tips for Wise Giving
- Before making a gift, offer to volunteer your time. In this manner, you can not only help the organization but learn more about its goals, programs and management.
- Do not contribute cash. All contributions should be in the form of a check or money order made out to the charity—never to the individual soliciting the donation.
- If you’re giving online, be sure that the website has appropriate security and privacy features.For example, on the donation, the address should be begin with “https” to signify that the site is secure and is safe to provide credit card and other information.
- Ask for how much of the gift will be spent on programs. It’s extremely rare that 90-100 percent of your contribution will go to support a charity’s programs.
- For an organization for which you’re not familiar, ALWAYS check its contact information during regular working hours and make sure you get a real person with knowledge of the organization.