First, because it’s Friday, a quick joke:
A woman, who worked for an orthopedic surgeon was helping to transport items to the new office during the move. She sat the display skeleton in the front of her car, his bony arm across the back of her seat. At one traffic light, the stares of the people in the car beside her became obvious and she looked across and explained, “I’m delivering him to my doctor’s office.” The other driver leaned out of his window. “I hate to tell you, lady,” he said, “but I think it’s too late!”
As most of us know from experience, moving is not always this comical. It can be downright rough. Whether it’s because the movers broke your favorite vase, or you can’t quite figure out how to get that couch up the narrow stairwell, moving requires patience.
Relocating an office is an even more daunting task and a process that often starts as early as a year prior to the actual move. For anyone managing an office relocation, there is a constant list of to-do’s and without proper planning and organization, things can be disastrous and stressful.
Although we may not be the first company you think of during your office move, FORMost can be an important part of the process. There are a number of items within your office that display your company’s address. All of them need to change when you move…and we can help!
Call FORMost to print:
- Checks: Accounts Payable, Payroll, or other.
- Letterhead, envelopes, stationery.
- Brochures, flyers, sell sheets and other marketing materials.
- Labels and seals.
- Invoices and statements.
- A formal notice of the move for: clients, vendors, friends/family, government agencies, insurance companies, and others.
- Order a red self-inking stamp that says, “Note new address.” Use it on invoices, letterhead, and any other correspondence for the first couple of months after the move.
- Change the recorded phone message for the office main number to include a notification of the new location.
- Notify your website designer so that she can change your address on your webpage.
- Update your business on Google Places.
For a complete office relocation checklist, click here.